Are you a godly single woman edging toward or beyond the age of 30?
If you’re seeing Christian girls, much younger than you, dating, courting, and getting married, and you’re wondering how you can return the gift of singleness too, then this compassionate story is for you.
How can a Christian woman who’s not so young find a wonderful husband within 18 months, without compromising her convictions? Everything in Veronique’s courtship subculture told her it couldn’t be done.
She believed she could, so she did.
Fed up with singleness, Veronique found her true love by breaking legalistic courtship and dating rules, one by one, wisely.
After following the pray-hope-wait approach for years, Veronique finds herself in her 30s, still single, and with no sign of Mr. Right(eous) on the horizon. Then, by God’s providence, she discovers a wisdom-based proactive strategy that finally helps her be pursued and loved.
Veronique is shocked by the effectiveness of the strategy: in less than a year, three Christ-honoring men are eager to propose to her!
But which of the three men is her future husband according to God’s sovereign will? How can Veronique choose wisely when her heart and mind don’t agree?
Instead of a how-to book that tells you to do this or that, From Stuck in Singleness to Marrying Mr. Right is a true-life love story. You get to see the various ways of finding love that Veronique tried with prudence and wisdom, what didn’t work for her and what did.
You get to read about the guys who were interested in her but in whom she had no interest; the guys she liked who didn’t pursue her at all; what steps she took to find several marriage-minded Christian men whom she actually liked and how she chose among them (not an easy thing to do at all); how she progressed from being single without any dates, to having a hopeful first date, to her engagement, and her dream-come-true wedding day.
You’ll get the inside scoop on all the questions, doubts, and challenges she had along the way to her “happily ever after.”
“A remarkable real-life story that portrays the rewards of sheer determination to find one’s true love in spite of naysayers who said that it shouldn’t and couldn’t be done.”
WARNING: This true story contains potentially life-changing theological content about God’s will, His sovereignty, and human responsibility.
16 Awesome Detailed Topics covered in this real-life story:
- 1 how to find a seemingly unlimited number of prospects even if your dating life is a desert
- how to select only high-quality (yet still imperfect) Christian men to date or court
- how to involve wise guidance and prayerful friends into one’s love life
- the place of both God’s sovereignty and also human responsibility in a woman’s love life
- how intelligent massive action almost always produces results
- setbacks, disappointments, and romantic heartbreaks and the right, hopeful attitude to have in spite of them
- practicing sexual purity for the right reason without turning it into an ugly idol
- annoying oft-quoted romantic clichés that prevent single women from getting married
- how secular culture (and even some churches!) make Christian singles feel guilty for desiring marriage
- the wrong way to turn down a marriage proposal
- how to turn down decent but unsuitable men in the kindest and most encouraging way
- when a woman is attracted to a man, she often wrongly reads into coincidences and thinks she sees signs everywhere
- the desire for fortune-telling (knowing the future through “signs”) is wrong
- a single woman needs to trust God with the future she doesn’t know
- God usually reveals His will only a day at a time
- “follow your heart” is a foolish principle; “follow wisdom” is a much better one
How this love story is different from the standard ones:
Standard love story: The heroine waits on God and does nothing to look for love.
This love story: The heroine looks for love in wise ways and waits on God for the results.
Standard love story: Love comes easily without work or planning.
This love story: Love comes with a lot of work and planning.
Standard love story: The heroine’s parents are saved, happily married, and live nearby to offer plenty of support.
This love story: The heroine’s parents are unsaved, divorced, and live out of state and out of country. It’s her pastor and his wife who offer loving support.
Standard love story: The heroine is physically beautiful. The hero’s first attraction is to her hotness.
This love story: The heroine is okay physically, but definitely not a beauty. The heroes are first attracted to her character. It’s not until months later that they find themselves attracted to her physically. The initial attraction is mental, based on character, not physical, based on looks.
Standard love story: The heroine has to choose between a good guy and a bad guy, or between an exciting guy and a boring one.
This love story: The heroine has to choose among several exciting godly guys.
Many Christian dating or courtship books seem geared toward teens and those in their early twenties. It can be frustrating for a thirty-year-old woman to read about high school crushes and the like; she can’t relate to the drama of girls half her age.
This book is different.
It’s a book for women ages 25-45 or older who are already following Christ, serving God, and steadfast in chaste behavior but still cannot get any traction toward marriage and wonder what can be done about it in a way that honors God.
It’s a book for mature, marriage-minded, wise women who desire to be married within two years to a wonderful Christian man.
Get your FREE chapters and other goodies, when the book comes out, by clicking here.
May your own love story begin soon!